Die Racing-Simulation "Project CARS" wurde auf die Version 4.0 gepatcht. Der Download nimmt zahlreiche Verbesserungen vor.
Die Slightly Mad Studios haben den umfangreichen Patch 4.0 für "Project CARS" veröffentlicht. Das gilt vorerst aber nur für den PC und die PlayStation 4. Die Xbox One wurde bisher noch nicht versorgt. Der neue Patch nimmt zahlreiche Verbesserungen bei den Assistenzsystemen, dem Online-Modus, der Physik-Engine, dem Karriere-Part, der allgemeinen Stabilität, dem Sound, der Steuerung und den Fahrzeugen vor. Anbei lest ihr den PC-Changelog.
Project CARS - Update 4.0 - Changelog
New & Enhanced Feature Summary
- Online – added support for 'Force Default Setups' in Multiplayer restrictions screen.
- Online – players driving the wrong way will now have their collision disabled and their vehicles will display as ghost cars.
- Online – lobby search settings are now saved between sessions.
- Career – mandatory pitstop opening lap will now scale when the player scales the length of the race. For example, if the race was set to 5 laps, the pits would open for the mandatory stop on lap 2. If the player now scales the race length to 15 laps, the pits will open on lap 6 for the mandatory pitstop.
- HUD – when adjusting real-time settings, for example Brake Balance, the player will now see a HUD message to indicate what the setting has been changed to. The HUD will display “N/A” in the real-time settings HUD, messaging when a specific setting is not available due to it being disabled in MP session or not present on the vehicle.
- GUI – added a game version number display to the main menu.
- Assists – Enhanced Brake Assistance system so that people who are unable to use brake controllers at all can still play the game with this assist enabled.
- Assists – the Best Line assist now provides an option to only show the braking areas
- Tracks - Movable trackside objects and broken-off car parts will now be removed from the track after impacts.
- Graphics – Enhanced Mirror option. When enabled, the rear view mirror resolution is doubled and the draw distance set to match the forward-looking draw distance.
- Leaderboards – added an option to view the overall leaderboards for each track, showing the best times for all cars in the game.
- Leaderboards – added an option to back out of changes in the leaderboards screen.
- New – added support for 'Force Default Setups' in Multiplayer restrictions screen.
- New – players driving the wrong way will now have their collision disabled and their vehicles will display as ghost cars.
- New – lobby search settings are now saved between sessions.
- Fixed an issue where the AI could remain stuck on the grid after the previous host left the session.
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to select the Bentley GT3 in online races.
- Fixed an issue in Create Lobby where selecting Vehicle ‘view details’ would reset the class filter.
- Fixed an issue where the in-game chat box would scroll when the player pressed the accelerator and brake controls.
- Various tweaks to the behaviour of cars that are terminally damaged, and cars will no longer try to teleport to the garage if there are no pit lanes.
- Fixed an issue where the player could drive out of the garage again after retiring from a race.
- Further tweaks and improvements to the online lobby Car Class GUI – classes are now sorted alphabetically; changes are now only apply once the player accepts the new settings; ‘Create’ options defaults to ‘Any’ class; fixes an issue where the host would see only one vehicle in the quick vehicle chooser list if identical vehicles was set to ‘yes’.
- Fixed the rolling start option so that toggling the rolling start flag correctly updates MP game data.
- Fixed an occasional crash while in online mode.
- The standings info on the pause screen now shows real-time updated lap and standings info, and sorts the order of all active participants based on lap times.
- Fixed an issue where the player's best of session ghost time didn’t always exactly match his actual best of session time.
Pitting, Tuning, Setups, Strategy
- Fixed an issue where a selected tyre option saved to a setup prior to Patch 3.0 would cause a game crash after applying Patch 3.0 and using that saved setup.
- Fixed an issue where tyre pressures were not resetting properly when returning to pits.
- Fixed an issue where brake temperatures were being reset when the player entered the pits, leading to unexpected braking behaviour.
- Adjustments to fuel calculations when returning to pits during a practice session – when calculating the required fuel when the player returns to the pits, the estimated fuel levels are used for consistency.
Physics & AI
- Tyres – small adjustment to peak slip ratio or P Zero Trofeo, Faretti Track, and other soft-track road tires for road cars.
- Various improvements to AI navigation when entering and leaving the pit boxes.
- Improved the transition from road to off-road as certain off-road surfaces caused too much jarring on the steering.
Cut Track / Off Track System
- Sakitto International – further tweaks to the downhill Esses, to keep the AI on track when attempting bad passes that were causing the AI to hit the exit barriers.
- Various tracks – Nordschleife, Greenwood Karting, Silverstone National, Dubai GP, Barcelona National, Nurburgring Sprint Short – cut-track improvements based on latest community feedback.
- Fixed an issue where the player would be placed first on the grid of race two in a multi-race round, after being disqualified from the first race. Disqualified drivers will now be placed at the back of the grid.
- DLC Career Accolades are now only present if the appropriate DLC pack is installed. This fixes an issue where the player was unable to do 100% completion of accolades due to non-purchased DLCs accolades also being present.
- Fixed an issue where bonus points were not being awarded for Kart series and some invitational events.
- Fixed a bug where the invitational events that require winning team championships weren't always unlocking.
- DLC Career Accolades – translated (non-English) strings added for Invitational Accolade – 320 Touring Challenge
- Fix to make sure player is placed last after skipping/simulating, in races where the second-best qualifying time is used for grid placement for the 2nd race (this was affecting Formula Rookie, LMP1-3, GT5 and Touring races).
- New – mandatory pitstop opening lap will now scale as well when the player scales the length of the race. For example, if the race was set to 5 laps, the pits would open for the mandatory stop on lap 2. If the player now scales the race length to 15 laps, the pits will open on lap 6 for the mandatory pitstop
- Improved Contract system to allow for extra entry level contract awards when progressing to a new motorsport, or when only being offered a renewal for the current motorsport.
- Improved the AI logic during races with Mandatory pit stops so that they will pick a more optimal time to stop when there is also changing weather at play.
- Tweaks to the Ginetta GT3, Clio and Bentley Speed 8.
GUI, HUD, Telemetry
- New – when adjusting real-time settings, for example Brake Balance, the player will now see a HUD message to indicate what the setting has been changed to. The HUD will display “N/A” in the real-time settings HUD messaging when a specific setting is not available due to it being disabled in MP session or not present on the vehicle.
- New – added a game version number display to the main menu.
- New – the Best Line assist now provides an option to only show the braking areas.
- New – Enhanced Mirror option – when enabled, the rear view mirror resolution is doubled and the draw distance set to match the forward-looking draw distance.
- New – added an option to view the overall leaderboards for each track, showing the best times for all cars in the game.
- New – added an option to back out of changes in the leaderboard screen.
- Rebalanced the point at which Forecast weather becomes Current weather in the UI display so that the info display changeover better matches what the player is seeing in-game.
- Track temperature is now displayed on all in-game menus.
- Fixed an issue where the Time Progression slider skipped every 2nd option when moving the slider left or right.
- Track temperature will now display correctly based on the unit system and language selected by the player.
- Fixed an issue where the tyre wear meters on the HUD telemetry screen were flipped for the right front and left rear tyres.
- Track Temperature and Weather information are now positioned uniformly across all in-game screens.
- Removed redundant leading zeros from the KERS motec display.
- Fixed an issue where accessing the map or telemetry in the monitor screen would disable the player HUD in game .
- Fixed issue where changing ‘Weather Slots’ also changed the race start time when using ‘Real Weather’ option.
- Enabled game exit via Gamepad back button, and display an exit confirmation dialogue.
- Vehicle Class icons – updated vintage F1 and vintage GT class icons.
- New GUI image with real-world livery for Ford Capri Group5.
- Replays – fixed an issue where vehicle damage would automatically be repaired when watching a replay.
Controls & FFB
- Steering wheel angle now reverted to always centering during pause / pits / menus / etc. An alternative fix is now implemented to prevent the jolting when un-pausing the game.
- Fixed an issue where force feedback was still active when an AI team mate was driving the player’s car.
- Fixed an issue where calibrating the pedals could at times cause the pedals to function incorrectly.
- Logitech – updated pedal mappings for G29 and G920 to match the latest hardware revisions.
- Fanatec – added use of accelerator rumble on CSW Base v2.
- Audi A1 Quattro – changed class to Road C1.
- Audi R18 e-tron – added hybrid/KERS readout to cockpit display. Rebalanced cockpit exposure/brightness.
- BAC Mono – fixed duplicate material name causing a problem on painted cockpit parts.
- BMW 2002 Turbo – tweaked default tyres and brake balance so that the default setup provides a better overall performance versus the other cars in its class.
- BMW 320TC – fixed the top speed statistic displayed in the front-end.
- Caterham SP300R – added push-to-pass boost gauge to cockpit display and enabled exhaust backfire.
- Ford Escort and Mustang 2+2 Fastback – tweaks to help reduce climbing other vehicles during side-to-side contact.
- Ford Mustang 2+2 Fastback – fix for shadow flicker on AI cars.
- Ford Capri Group5 – fixed offset rear fenders.
- Ford Mustang GT 2015 – reduced FFB tire force multiplier by 25%.
- Gumpert Apollo – re-added four exhausts.
- Marek/RWD LMP cars – improved the default view position.
- Ruf CTR – recalibrated engine boost and allow up to 1.4bar boost in setup to match original car. Stock boost of 1.1bar provides around 470hp as advertised. Fixed an issue where the external side mirrors were switched.
- Added hybrid boost gauge to display for McLaren P1, Marek RP339h LMP1, RWD P30 LMP1.
- Le Mans – lowered the entry part of the kerb in the Mulsanne corner to fix the issue where cars would register a collision with the kerb.
- New – movable trackside objects and broken-off car parts will now be removed from the track after impacts.
- Enhanced Brake Assistance system so that people who are unable to use brake controllers at all can still play the game with this assist enabled.
- Reworked the stretched headlight reflections to be more accurate to real life.
- Fixed an issue where the Driving Line assist would become invisible when particles were set to off.
- Ensure that players cannot turn on assists using hotkeys in community events, when the assists have been explicitly disabled for the event in question.
- Fix further cases where the pre-race cameras would at times cut into the track surface.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle windows would at times not render correctly when using centre cockpit cam and helmet cam.
- Improved general game stability.
Dedicated Server Updates
- Lua scripting – as an alternative to external scripting via the server's HTTP API, the server now supports add-ons written in Lua.
- If the server advertises that it controls track selection, vehicle selection or vehicle class restriction, the game now correctly respects this and won't allow players choosing mismatching track/vehicle.