Bugbear Entertainment und THQ Nordic haben ein neues Update für "Wreckfest" veröffentlicht, das für die PC- und Konsolen-Version einen Turnier-Modus liefert. Impressionen sind im Trailer zu finden. Weiterhin darf man sich auf eine neue Arena, bis zu 80 Prozent kürzere Ladezeiten sowie Verbesserungen bei Stabilität und Performance freuen. Die Details stehen im Changelog bereit und ausserdem darf das "American All-Stars Car Pack" erworben werden.
- Added Tournament Mode.
- Added a new free demolition arena: The Maw.
- Added support for the new DLC: American All-Stars Car Pack.
- Loading is now significantly faster (up to 80%).
- (PC) Improved file system robustness.
- (XB1) Improved title stability.
- Updated HUD visuals.
GAMEPLAY AND VEHICLES
- On Tribend, the player no longer resets on top of the overhead walkway when resetting beneath it.
- Random parts of the vehicle are no longer be missing when restarting the event while in a ghost mode.
- Ghost mode is now automatically disabled when the event ends, eliminating blinking cars in the background of the post-race screens.
- Ghost mode is now disabled after 15 seconds to prevent stuck AI cars from blinking forever.
- Reduced the chance of wheelhubs getting stuck inside walls during heavy deformation.
- Improved Bugzilla handling, suspension and visual damage.
- It's now possible to use the front splitter without the front bumper on Roadcutter.
- Honey Pot and Bumper Car wheels no longer get damaged from the slightest nudge.
- Improved El Matador, Venom visual damage to prevent handling being destroyed when damaged.
- Improved Honey Pot, Bumper Car and Sofa Car handling to make them less twitchy.
- Fixed Wardigger torque curve.
- Fixed Nexus side mirrors glitch.
- Fixed Hornet wheel clipping.
- Output to server console and log is now performed asynchronously, improving stability.
- Front-end: The "Effects" volume slider now also works as master volume for "Interface Sound Effects".
- Front-end: The "Interface Sound Effects" volume slider now also affects car part equip & counter sounds.
- Front-end: Added variation to car part equip sound.
- In-game: Each AI engine sound adjusted for smoother loudness across full rpm range.
- In-game: AI engine sound optimizations to lower memory and processor requirements.
- In-game: Removed flanging/phasing effects occurring with AI engine sounds at start of a race.
- In-game: Add automation to lower music volume up to 3dB based on overall AI vehicle loudness (e.g. when driving amidst a dense pack of vehicles). Effect is disabled when music volume is configured below 75% in game settings.
- In-game: Add 30-second end countdown sound effects to time-limited races (to signal player that race is about to end soon).
- In-game: Added reverse gear warning sound effect for large player vehicles (Big Rig, Harvester, Motorhome and Schoolbus)
- In-game: DSP effects settings, synthesis and automation tweaks for Big Rig.