Die umfangreiche Erweiterung "Arma 3: Apex" steht ab sofort zum Kauf bereit. Darüber hinaus hat Bohemia Interactive ein kostenloses Update veröffentlicht.
Bohemia Interactive hat die Erweiterung "Arma 3: Apex" veröffentlicht, die zahlreiche neue Inhalte bereit hält. Unter anderem darf man sich auf ein neues Areal freuen, das 100 Quadratkilometer gross ist und im Südpazifik liegt. Ausserdem sind 13 Waffen, 10 Fahrzeuge, eine weitere Fraktion, neue Funkprotokolle und eine Kampagne, die bis zu vier Spieler unterstützt, dabei. Weiterhin wurde ein kostenloses Update veröffentlicht, das zahlreiche Verbesserungen für alle Besitzer von "Arma 3" bietet.
- Tanoa: Home to lush tropical vegetation, unique landmarks, a rich history, and imposing man-made feats of modern engineering, this 100 km² South Pacific archipelago is built to bolster authentic combat on a massive scale. Tanoa’s varied locations, such as the rainforests, volcano, shanty towns, sugar cane factory, and industrial port, cater to all scenario types. Whether it’s to conduct an all-out assault, a small-scale covert op, jungle warfare, or anything else suited to a South Pacific setting – Tanoa is the destination of choice. Your next adventure awaits.
- New Faction, 13 New Weapons, New Uniforms & Gear: While looking to increase their strategic influence in the South Pacific, NATO and CSAT face resistance from a local criminal organization with deep roots on Tanoa. Consisting of armed thugs and ex-paramilitaries, this new faction, Syndikat, is involved in many illicit operations throughout the region, carrying familiar contemporary firearms like the AKS-74U, AKM, and AK-12 Assault Rifles, LIM-85 Light Machine Gun, RPG-7 Launcher, and the PM 9 mm pistol. NATO and CSAT, on the other hand, send in highly trained operators with state-of-the-art weaponry, such as the modular SPAR-16 Assault Rifle, the Chinese-designed CAR-95 family of weapons, Type 115 Assault Rifle, CMR-76 and SPAR-17 Marksman Rifles, and new thermal-masking uniforms, headgear, backpacks, NVGs (Night Vision Goggles), ERCO weapon optics, and more.
- 10 New Vehicles: The Apex expansion enables more gameplay opportunities by introducing new vehicle classes to Arma 3. Take advantage of the flexibility provided by the V-44 X Blackfish and Y-32 Xi’an VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) aircraft, which combine the strengths of fixed- and rotor-wing transportation. Need to move quickly on the ground? Navigate the rugged terrain of Tanoa with the fast and flexible Prowler or Qilin LSVs (Light Strike Vehicles). To complete objectives with minimal losses, Arma 3's arsenal is also reinforced by two new UCAV (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle) drones: KH-3A Fenghuang and MQ-12 Falcon. Plus, as could be expected in a tropical island setting, Arma 3 Apex includes suitable new civilian vehicles in the form of the MB 4WD Offroad Car, Caesar BTT Propeller Airplane, RHIB (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat), and Water Scooter.
- Co-op Campaign & End Game Multiplayer: Take on the role of a NATO CTRG special operator in the 1-4 player "Apex Protocol" co-op campaign. Connected to the events in the original Arma 3 "The East Wind" campaign, your team is sent to Tanoa in order to prevent a humanitarian disaster, but quickly find themselves facing a far bigger threat than they bargained for. The co-op campaign consists of highly replayable missions, featuring a drop-in/drop-out multiplayer structure, and the difficulty scales up or down based on the number of players. In addition to the co-op campaign, Arma 3 Apex adds two brand new End Game multiplayer scenarios on Tanoa, as well as a new singleplayer Showcase End Game scenario to familiarize players with the mode's objectives and rules.
- Additional Apex Content: The Apex expansion is complemented by a wide range of additional content. This includes: Gendarmerie faction (Tanoa local law enforcement agency) armed with a new Protector 9 mm Sub-Machine Gun, NATO and CSAT faction reinforcements in the form of special forces and Pacific expeditionary units, a selection of existing Arma 3 weapons and vehicles repainted in a South Pacific camo pattern, new character appearances: Tanoan and Chinese, new radio protocols: French, French-English, and Chinese, new environment assets and props for content creators, a Tanoa Zeus Game Master scenario, 13 new Steam Achievements, and the Arma 3 Apex official soundtrack.
- Nexus Update – End Game, Spectator, Personal Protective Equipment, Stamina, Launcher Mod Dependencies
- Eden Update – Eden Editor, Combat Audio, Launcher-Based Server Browser, Fonts
- Visual Upgrade – overhauled lighting configuration, water reflections, fog improvements
- Environmental Audio – extended ambient configuration, positional ambient sounds
- Controls Presets – play using the new default "Arma 3 Apex" preset, or stick to the setup you're used to via "Arma 3"
- Weapon Switching – on-the-move, mappable actions, action menu streamlining
- Difficulty Overhaul – useful presets, consolidated options, explanatory texts and images
- Tasks Overhaul – updated 2D and 3D visualization, improved diary UX, better map interaction
- Targeting Improvements – commanding visualizations, crew communication, weapon systems and indicators, virtual targeting pods
- Respawn Menu – improved presentation of information, role selection UX
- Squad Communications – Line Drawing, Squad Radar*, Tactical Ping*, VON Improvements
- Vehicle-in-Vehicle Transport – transport suitable vehicles across large distances inside larger vehicles
- Limping – a more immersive representation of injured character legs
- Eden Editor Enhancements – compositions, bindable camera controls, Comment entities, drag & scale area entities, foliage toggle, environment preview, asset previews
- Launcher Upgrade – enhanced server browsing, better mod handling
- Quick Play – conveniently join a multiplayer session of your choice with limited user input
- Campaign Unification – the 3 "The East Wind" episodes were merged into one
- Optimizations – rendering, clutter drawing, scripted functions, Revive, and more
- Arma 3 Units – Launcher & Game integration*, Bohemia Account connections, member management
- Community – modding support, tools & samples updates, script commands, documentation