Nintendo hat das Update 5.2.0 für "Splatoon 2" veröffentlicht, das vor allem am Waffen-Balancing schraubt. Weitere Details kann man dem Changelog entnehmen.
Ver. 5.2.0 (Released April 15, 2020)
- Specifications for some of the main weapons have been changed.
- Specifications for some of the sub weapons have been changed.
- Specifications for some special weapons have been changed.
- Points required for using specials have been changed for certain main weapons. The changes in this update are designed to lower the abilities of a portion of all weapons and specials that, based on analysis of statistical data, had obtained an advantage in results.
- Our intention is that this will entice players to explore these weapons, while retaining their individual strengths of the weapons in scenarios where they are advantageous.
- We reference various sorts of statistical data for these adjustments, but in particular for those which lower the abilities of certain weapons, we've focused on data from matches between players of high Rank.
- We will issue future updates after looking carefully at changes resulting from this update, as well as the overall state of statistical data over the long term.
- Changed the unlock conditions for Tracks #20 through #26 in Squid Beatz 2 so that anyone can play them.
- Extended the time limit to play your next game after you repeatedly disconnect within a short period of time.
- This change will affect only those with frequent disconnects, less than 1% of all active players worldwide.
- The more frequent your disconnects over a short period of time, the longer the time limit to play your next game will be.
- When you download the latest update data, you will no longer be able to connect with players in The Shoal who have older update data.