Paradox Interactive und die Iceflake Studios haben "Update 5: Sanctuary" für das postapokalyptische Kolonie-Aufbauspiel "Surviving the Aftermath" veröffentlicht. Mit dem Update werden mehr Gebäude, verbesserte Einrichtungen, Umweltschutz und Kolonie-Ideologie eingeführt. Im Changelog stehen die Details.
- Anti-catastrophe features added:
- Lightning Rod defends against the Magnetic Storm by directing lightning bolts within a certain radius to itself. Repair and maintenance are needed to keep the building operational.
- Sauna improves defense against Fallout and a Pandemic, as well as produces happiness by improving hygiene for colonists.
- Catastrophe size now scales based on Gatekeeper input.
- Tech tree improvements:
- Pregame now has an ideology selection, which customises the tech tree based on the selection.
- Tech tree has been reduced from five to four branches, but the branches themselves are bigger.
- Multiple new technologies were added.
- [Community request] Support for 21:9, 16:10 aspect ratios added. Support for UI scaling will come in the future.
- [Community request] Added option to navigate back and forth with the pre-game category buttons at the top. With a gamepad, triggers can be used for navigation.
- [Community request] New building “Lumber Yard” was added to create Planks from trees in the early game.
- Bartering menu has been reworked, and allows bartering with both resources and currency. Buying seeds, insect eggs, and vehicles is also now possible. Reputation with the society affects pricing of the products.
- Ladybug Icon has been changed to a blue cockroach icon. Most of the questions were also changed or tweaked, so now would be an ideal time to give feedback!
- Old trade menu was replaced with a menu that lists all the discovered societies.
- Top bar will now only show resources inside storages, not the ones on the ground.
- Silver Coin currency has been introduced for trading.
- Colony events can now cause damage to buildings.
- Ingame feedback questions are now presented top center, instead of top right.
- Paradox Launcher update to 2020.1
- Read more button added to tutorial dialogs, which shows the longer tutorial content.
- Crops in fields now properly decay with a delay instead of dying instantly when a crop-destroying catastrophe strikes.
- Medical buildings now heal all patients concurrently instead of one at a time. Due to this, healing speed has been slowed down and conditions are more damaging when untreated.
- The building info menu now has quick action for placing a Work Area on a gamepad.
- Colonists now wear props such as hats to add more variation to the character models.
- Specialist textures were modified to improve their look and differentiate them better from colonists.
- Moon and stars were added to the night sky and light direction now comes from moons direction during the night.
- Emergency Shelters, Tenements and Two-Story Houses now have visual variations.
- World Map Society models were scaled up to differentiate them from normal locations.
- Bandit models updated in World Map.
- Gate events now use the new colonist models introduced in the previous update.
- New UI elements added for game saved information and when catastrophe starts.
- Colony symbol icons have been retouched to more closely match the Society icons.
- Heat Wave now withers all crops similar to Nuclear Fallout, but slower.
- Restored Specialist action point renewal to twice per day instead of four.
- Meal recipes are less efficient and Fields yield slightly smaller crops to prevent late-game overflow of Food.
- Plank deposits have fewer Planks as Lumber Yard can now be used to supply the demand.
- More variation added to the furthest World Map areas.
- Small decrease in Tool and Clothing durability.
- Colonists now prioritize carrying resources off the ground more.
- DoorVisual script added into the Shared library, to allow adding animated doors into buildings.