Die Embracer Group hat über ihre Tochtergesellschaften THQ Nordic und Amplifier Game Invest vier 100-prozentige Übernahmen durchgeführt: Appeal Studios, KAIKO, Massive Miniteam und Frame Brake. Darüber hinaus wurde über THQ Nordic Gate 21 in Bosnien und Herzegowina gegründet. Der kumulierte Kaufpreis für alle vier Akquisitionen beläuft sich auf ca. 7 Millionen Euro.
- Appeal Studios SA: THQ Nordic GmbH has acquired Belgium-based- Appeal Studios S.A.– the original creators behind Outcast (1999). Appeals Studios was founded in 2018 and is currently engaging 55 employees. The team is currently developing an innovative Open-world sci-fi action adventure that has not been officially announced. See Appeal Studios’ website for further information, https://www.appeal-studios.com/.
- KAIKO GmbH: THQ Nordic GmbH has acquired the Frankfurt-based KAIKO – the developer behind numerous technically challenging ports such as in Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered, Legend of Kay Anniversary, Darksiders: Warmastered, Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition and most recently Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning and its upcoming expansion Fatesworn. The studio was founded 2014 and currently engages 10 employees. See KAIKO’s website for further information, http://www.KAIKOgames.com/.
- Massive Miniteam GmbH: THQ Nordic GmbH’s studio and publisher, HandyGames has acquired the German-based studio Massive Miniteam. The acquisition is the first one done by HandyGames. Massive Miniteam was founded 2018. The studio is located Pulheim, near Cologne, and employs 20 team members. Massive Miniteam is a motivated and highly creative development team working with HandyGames on several titles. Massive Miniteam will be fully integrated within the HandyGames organization, under the operative group THQ Nordic. See Massive Miniteam’s website for further information, https://www.massiveminiteam.com/.
- In addition, THQ Nordic GmbH has founded and incorporated Gate21 d.o.o in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The team will enable THQ Nordic GmbH to have world-class 3D characters using the most advanced character and facial rigs in development projects.
Amplifier Game Invest
- FRAME BREAK AB: Amplifier Game Invest AB has acquired the Swedish-based studio FRAME BREAK AB. The studio was founded in 2020 and today has a team size of 5 persons. FRAME BREAK will be developing games based on their own IP, focusing on highly replayable co-op experiences on platforms like PC and Consoles. FRAME BREAK, based in Skövde, becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Amplifier Game Invest AB, joining the ranks of 13 other game development companies already part of the Amplifier family.